We are looking for an experienced Software Tester who enjoys all aspects of testing from manual to automated and welcomes the challenge of testing in an agile environment. The candidate will join Quest On Demand agile teams to build commercial software that simplifies and improves the management of critical enterprise data and will help build and enhance shared services testing suites. The software is primarily Microsoft technology focused. Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, networks and application servers (such as Active Directory, Exchange, SQL Server, or SharePoint) will help the candidate excel in this position.
The candidate will help define and perform user acceptance tests (UATs) for stories as well as end to end tests for features, review documentation and confirm feature testing is complete. The candidate is also responsible for determining other types of testing that may be required based on the feature, such as exploratory, performance, scalability, reliability, security and automation.
The candidate will be working on an agile SCRUM team using the latest of technologies, best practices and development environments.
- Work on an R&D team building commercial solutions for numerous Microsoft technologies including Azure AD, Office 365, Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, , MS Teams, etc.
- Test integration pieces between multiple shared services and help grow and maintain the entire solution end to end suites.
- Experience with testing frameworks and tools such as Fitness, SpecFlow, Selenium, Cucumber, Postman
- Employ exploratory testing or other test methods to manually test features prior to automation.
- Passion to learn all types of testing infrastructure, backend and frontend services.
- Be part of the entire sprint iteration on an agile feature team from story planning to UAT creation to UI design and finally being responsible for story closure and the overall quality of the feature.
- Add automation tests to automated regression suites
- Minimum of 2 years working as a quality control or assurance engineer with exploratory and agile testing experience
- Capable of taking ownership of the testing and closure of stories to ensure every feature has high quality
- Working experience using one or more of the following test methodologies: performance, security, reliability, automation, scalability, usability, scripted, acceptance
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following: Active Directory/Azure Active Directory
- Working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems such as Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 or Windows 8/10
- General understanding of Windows networking infrastructure so that the candidate can fully configure a Windows operating system to work on a network
- Working knowledge of virtualization (VMWare, Hyper-V, Azure VMs) including being capable of creating a virtual machine and installing a Microsoft operating system
- Ability to work in a DevOps environment with tools like Azure DevOps with complete test integration in the pipeline
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with agile development teams
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Experience with SDLC and OWASP security best practices
- Having programming skills or awarness and knowledge of C#, Powershell, TypeScript and Angular is a big plus.
At Quest, we create and manage the software that makes the benefits of new technology real. Companies turn to us to manage, modernize and secure their business, from on-prem to in-cloud, from the heart of the network to the vulnerable endpoints. From complex challenges like Active Directory management and Office 365 migration, to database and systems management, to redefining security, and hundreds of needs in between, we help you conquer your next challenge now.
We’re not the company that makes big promises. We’re the company that fulfills them.
We’re Quest: Where Next Meets Now.
Why work with us!
Life at Quest means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationship.
We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Quest is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at http://www.quest.com/careers.
Software Powered by iCIMS