Deal Desk Advisor
Quest Software enables organizations of all sizes to better secure, manage, monitor, protect, and analyze information and infrastructure in order to help fuel innovation and drive their businesses forward. With over 5,000 team members around the globe, we intend to continue to grow revenues and add value to customers.
When you join our team, you will have the opportunity to build and develop products at a scale few others can provide. Our product portfolio serves a large base of customers and we are addressing the strategic imperatives for enterprise businesses. Working with some of the most talented employees the industry has to offer, we provide enhanced career opportunities for team members to learn and grow in a rapidly changing environment.
Quest is an award-winning IT management software provider offering a broad selection of solutions that solve some of the most common and most challenging IT problems. We are currently looking for a Deal Desk Advisor for our NAM & LATAM regions.
Quest strives to be the best of the very best in everything we do. We are fanatically customer focused and are proud to support the most complex customers who have the highest IT demands in the world. It’s exciting, it’s rewarding, and it’s hard work and offers career and personal growth.
The Deal Desk team manages Quest Software’s large deals, from structuring and approvals through to contract negotiation and order booking. The team acts as a critical point of contact for the sales force, coordinating input from multiple stakeholders to proactively and creatively structure deals that maximize profit margins, revenue yield and limit economic risk to the company while minimizing time-to-close.
While primarily U.S. focused, this position will also have some coordination responsibilities with other regions. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Discount and Nonstandard Deal Approvals by exercising significant judgment and business sense when reviewing nonstandard transactions, ensure key stakeholders are engaged throughout the approval process
• Foster and maintain strong working relationships with critical business partners (e.g. Finance, Legal, Support, etc.) to expedite the review and approval process.
• Understand the business practices, economic factors and competitive challenges in region along with factors specific to the current customer in negotiations
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the company’s products, processes and promotions in order to provide a best-in-class level of support to Sales.
• Serve as a trusted adviser to sales executives and their teams on pricing, product configuration, and business terms to support the sales effort.
• Leverage creative deal structuring and licensing tools such as financing, perpetual, term, and subscription models
• Advise sales on objection handling techniques, alternative contract options, and/or value propositioning to help drive deal closures
• Be a sales advocate & partner to internal organizations to understand complex sales issues
• Collaborate with impacted parties to identify acceptable options to facilitate deal closures
• Work with teammates and management to identify process improvement and/or sales training opportunities.
• Develop & deliver sales enablement tools
• Manage, participate in, or directly work on any additional projects, assignments, or initiatives assigned by management
The Skills/Experience Needed for the Role
• Undergraduate degree and 4-6 years relevant experience in or around a sales environment
• Advanced MS Office knowledge, especially Excel skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Analytical; with any financial, IT or reporting experience
• Strong business acumen
How You Will Stand Out from the Crowd:
• Deal Desk, pricing and deal negotiation experience in a software or software/hardware company
• Experience with working in a company that leverage a one and/or two tiered channel model for transacting with end customers
• Experience with SFDC
• Knowledge of currencies and currency exchange.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work cross functionally with all levels of a company, particularly executive sales management and able to resolve conflicts
• Knowledge and experience with revenue accounting rules
Take Vacation (Seriously)
Yes, we really want you to take vacation. In fact, we have 11 Paid designated holidays (including a week in December). It's essential to get plenty of rest and get out and do something.
We consider bonuses and merit raises every year.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k) with a 100% company match up to 5% of eligible earnings, and the list goes on!
Why work with us?
- Life at Quest means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Quest is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Quest is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Quest are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Quest will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Quest encourages applicants of all ages.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at https://www.quest.com/company/careers.aspx